How do I turn in a firearm for destruction?
Category: Police Department
Unwanted weapons can be turned into police headquarters for destruction by simply:
- Calling the police dispatch center at (203) 261-3622 and inform the on-duty person that you would like to surrender a firearm for destruction.
- Secure the unloaded firearm in the trunk or storage area of your vehicle and drive directly to police headquarters.
- Do not remove the firearm from you vehicle until you enter the lobby of police headquarters and advise on-duty personnel that you are there to surrender a weapon for destruction.
- Do not return to your vehicle until you are accompanied by a police officer who will remove the firearm from the vehicle.
- Spend a few minutes filling out the Surrendered Firearms Log Sheet with the police officer and you can be on your way.
Updated 7/14/2015 2:42 PM