To ensure property owners of the Town of Monroe share the tax burden through the discovery, listing, and equitable valuation of all taxable property in accordance with governing state regulations and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
Though the Town Hall is currently open by appointment only, the Assessor's Office is still providing as many services as possible by phone, email, regular mail, or online accessibility. For services that cannot be taken care of remotely, in-person appointments can also be scheduled by contacting the office at 203-452-2803.
You can email any staff member with any questions or document requests that you may have at the email link under the names listed on the bottom right hand side of the page.
Thank you for your patience.
**Update to the State and Local Senior and Totally Disabled Homeowner's Tax Relief programs as well as the State and Local Additional Veteran's Exemption programs**
- In response to safety concerns related to COVID-19, the Governor has ordered the suspension of the biennial filing requirement for any resident already receiving tax benefits through both the State and Town of Monroe Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Tax Relief programs as well as the State and Town of Monroe Additional Veteran’s Exemption programs for the current reapplication period running from February 1, 2021 through May 14, 2021.
- This means that if you were previously receiving tax relief through any of these programs last year and were scheduled to reapply between February 1 and May 14, 2021 of this year, you do NOT need to do so and will continue to automatically receive the tax benefit on your local property taxes for the next two upcoming tax years.
- However, please note:
*NEW applicants to the program still need to apply and provide proof of income by supplying their 2020 Federal Income Tax Return and 2020 Social Security 1099 Form by May 14, 2021 to be eligible to receive a benefit on their local property taxes through either of these programs for the upcoming tax year.
*If you already receive a benefit and you had a significant change to your income that may affect the amount of your benefit, then you would need to reapply and provide proof of income by supplying your 2020 Federal Income Tax Return and 2020 Social Security 1099 Form by May 14, 2021.
**Applications to meet with the Board of Assessment Appeals must be submitted by 1:30 pm on February 19, 2021 in the Assessor's Office.**
Click here to access the Board of Assessment Appeals Application Form.
2019 PROPERTY REVALUATION PROJECT INFORMATION
- Property owners are advised that the Town of Monroe has completed a revaluation of all Real property for October 1, 2019 as required by state law. The appraisal firm, Vision Government Solutions, was contracted by the Town to complete the project.
- You can review new assessment information and the data listed on property record cards at the Vision Government Solutions website for Monroe at http://gis.vgsi.com/monroect.
- For more detailed information on the revaluation process please visit Monroe's revaluation site here.
- PA-490 Forest & Farmland Applications Due October 30
- Military Veterans must have DD214 filed with Town Clerk by October 1 to be eligible for Veterans exemptions.
- All new construction must be inspected for the October 1, 2020 assessment date.
Please contact the Assessor's Office at 203-452-2803 to schedule an appointment.
Town of Monroe
7 Fan Hill Rd
Monroe, CT 06468
Office: (203) 452-2803
Fax: (203) 452-2253
Justin Feldman CCMA II
David Lisowski CCMA II
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1004
Exemptions & Tax Relief
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1003
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1005
Mon-Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 1:30pm