|Human Resources Docs|
|Town Department Directory|
|Town Code Of Ethics|
|Boards & Commissions|
|Town Hall Departments|
|Other Town Departments|
|Follow Us on The Internet|
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
POSITION TITLE: Assessor
DEPARTMENT: Assessor’s Office
DIRECT REPORT: First Selectman
Posted: October 31, 2014, position open until filled
(This is a position in the Supervisors Union)
Salary consideration will be based on experience, certification, and education (Salary Range: $70,000 - $78,751).
Apply on line at monroect.org, complete application and upload resume
This is a highly responsible technical and administrative work involving planning, organizing, directing and performing the function of the Assessor’s Office. Work involves responsibility for discovering, measuring and listing all taxable real estate, business, personal property and motor vehicles within the Town for the purpose of establishing uniform and equitable valuations for taxation. Work is performed with considerable technical independence and is reviewed by the Director of Finance through conferences, reports and observation of results achieved. The position requires the use of independent judgment, initiative and supervisory skills.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Thorough knowledge of real and personal property valuation principles, techniques, procedures, laws and regulations
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing practices relative to property appraisal
• Considerable knowledge of the use of computers and municipal assessment program software
• Some knowledge of building, zoning and construction codes
• Knowledge of effective supervisory practices
• Possess management skills required to supervise, delegate and share responsibilities; ability to adjust and exercise such skills in an environment where priorities constantly change
• Ability to read and understand property documents, surveys and appraisal manuals
• Ability to accurately appraise real and personal property
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to direct and supervise technical and administrative support personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression as well as listen
• Ability to give oral and written instructions in a precise, understandable manner, as well as the ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to make decisions and act quickly
• Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical order is required
• Information provided orally must be accurately recorded
• Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, colors, codes and/or symbols
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and general reports
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
• Ability to regularly engage in activities necessitated by the position outside normal business hours; i.e., evening meetings, emergencies, etc. (This is highly responsible, professional and administrative work and as such is expressly exempted by the Fair Labor Standards Act and related state laws from the requirement of paid overtime)
• Ability to work harmoniously, cooperatively, and courteously with others at all times
• Ability to maintain a calm manner in stressful and/or emergency situations
• Ability to adapt to varying work situations
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, real estate or related field
• Eight years of progressively responsible experience in real and personal property appraisal work
OR any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the previously mentioned competencies and skill requirements
The Assessor supervises the Appraiser, Assistant Assessor and clerical staff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is frequently required hear; speak; sit, stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must have the ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works predominantly in an office setting. Some outdoor work is required during the inspection of personal property, construction sites and various developments. When working outside, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, rain, snow or airborne particles, any of which may cause marked bodily discomfort.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess and retain a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor.
|Hits today: 0 Total: 2||0 comments |
|Hits today: 0 Total: 3||0 comments |
|P/T Kennel Assistant-Town of Monroe. Duties include animal handling, kennel sanitation and written documentation.|
$10.40/hour and 15-19 hrs/per week. Saturday and Sundays required.
Under general supervision of the Animal Control Officer, the kennel assistant is responsible for the basic care and feeding of animals housed at the Monroe Dog Pound. Applicant MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE for employment; must possess a valid Connecticut driver’s license and must be able to pass random drug screening tests. Must be able to life 70 lbs.
|Hits today: 0 Total: 11||0 comments |
|Reference Librarian, Part-Time|
The Edith Wheeler Memorial Library, Monroe, is seeking a part time reference librarian, 19 hours per week. Responsibilities include: planning, implementing and marketing of some teen programs; providing reference help and reader’s advisory guidance to patrons, providing instruction in use of online catalog and the internet plus other related duties. Must be familiar with reference information in various formats. Strong customer service orientation and MLS required. MLS candidates nearing graduation will be considered. Salary: $20.50 per hour, no benefits. Complete Town application online (available at http://applications.monroeps.org/town.asp) and send letter of interest and resume to Library Director, Edith Wheeler Memorial Library, 733 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe, CT 06468 or email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
|Hits today: 0 Total: 34||0 comments |
|Hits today: 0 Total: 1165||0 comments |
|Hits today: 0 Total: 44839||0 comments |
|Hits today: 0 Total: 38885||0 comments |
|Hits today: 0 Total: 24016||0 comments |