Planning and Zoning Department
Postponement of Public Hearing - 2/22/21
The following application was scheduled for hearing on February 18th, 2021. It has been postponed until the Planning and Zoning Meeting of March 4, 2021:
SEP-2021-01, File # 1626A – 10 Victoria Drive (I-3)
Special Exception Permit Application for the construction of Commercial Vehicle Facility, consisting of a ±10,000 square foot building with offices, surface parking lot for 400 vehicles, and necessary site improvements; excluding the use of on-site vehicle servicing, for a property located at 10 Victoria Drive (Assessors Map 12, Lots 47/1) in the Industrial 3 District (I-3). FSI Acquisitions LLC (applicant), Gen IV LLC (owner).
Remote Meeting information:
Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM (EST)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
2020-2030 POCD UPDATE
PLAN OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT
For Updates Click 2020 POCD UPDATE
Please complete the POCD SURVEY - The POCD Survey is still open and will only take a few minutes to complete.
Your input at the Public Workshop and by completing the POCD Survey are both very important.
To protect the public health, safety and general welfare of the community by providing administrative and professional technical services to the Planning and Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, associated local Boards and Commissions, Federal agencies, State agencies, and the general public, in order to assist the Town of Monroe in guiding the orderly development and use of land to provide housing and employment opportunities; to stabilize the property tax base; to foster and enhance the visual image and vernacular character of the Town; and to protect open space and areas of sensitive and unique natural resources within the Town.
Primary Programs and Services
- Professional Administrative and Technical Services – Serving the Planning and Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and related enforcement capacities under the Zoning Enforcement Officer, including Zoning Citation Hearing Officer.
- Public Assistance – Hands-on support services to Town residents and property owners, developers and institutional/civic organizations, as well as in regard to Planning and Zoning Commission and Town initiatives and projects.Promotion and expansion of land use based data and information through the Town’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Application Review and Processing – Record files organization, management and maintenance; zoning applications review and processing; and enforcement/permitting inspections, compliance assessment, reports and legal coordination with Town Attorney.
- Planning – Study and administration of matters relating to the physical, social and economic planning and coordinated development of the Town in accordance with the:
01. 2020-2030 POCD Update
02. Proposed Applications
03. Public Notice Registry
04. Meeting Schedules
05. Agendas / Meeting Materials
Minutes / Voting Records
Videos & Recordings
06. Zoning Map
07. Zoning Regulations
08. Proposed Code & Boundary Changes
09. Subdivision Regulations
10. P&Z & ARB Application Forms
11. P&Z & ZBA Members
12. ZBA Application Forms
13. POCD - (12/14/10)
14. POCD Archives
15. Zoning Regulations (Archives)
16. P&Z By-Laws
Town Hall Annex
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Rick Schultz, AICP
Phone: (203) 452-2812
Planning and Zoning Administrator
Zoning Enforcement Officer
Phone: (203) 452-2816
Phone: (203) 452-2809
P&Z Administrative Assistant
Phone: (203) 452-2812
Mon - Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:30pm