Thank you for your interest. The Monroe Police Department IS NOT accepting applications at this time.
The Monroe Police Department is one of the most progressive departments in Fairfield County in the areas of continuous training, special services to the community and technology. New recruits can look forward to personal and professional growth.
The Police Department's authorized staff consists of 43 full-time officers, 5 part-time officers, a full-time Animal Control Officer with 5 Assistant Animal Control Officers and 1 full-time Park Ranger.
Officers assigned to the Patrol Division work permanent 6 month shift assignments. A Patrol Officer works a shift schedule that consists of 5 days on, 3 days off and then 5 days on and 2 days off.
Persons interested in becoming a police officer must:
- Be a United States Citizen
20 years old at the time of testing and 21 years old by the start of academy training
- Have no Felony, Class A or B Misdemeanor arrests
- Hold a valid Connecticut Driver's license
- Be a high school graduate or G.E.D.
- Be in good health
Prospective candidates will be required to
Pass a physical agility test (CHIP card)
Pass a written examination and obtain a satisfactory score on a writing assessment
- Pass oral review boards
- Pass medical and psychological examinations
- Submit to a polygraph test.
Police Officers in Monroe enjoy the following benefits;
- Competitive wages
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Prescription insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Progressive Vacation leave
- Progressive Longevity Bonus
- Uniform cleaning allotment
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Uniforms and equipment supplied by the department
- State managed Municipal Retirement Plan
Click here for application information.
The Monroe Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EMERGENCIES DIAL 911
24 -Hour Non Emergencies Dial
Monroe Police Department
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
FAX Number 203-261-4769
(Mon-Fri 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM)
Chief Keith White
Captain Gregory Smith
Patrol Division Commander
Support Services Commander
Child Safety Seat Appointments