Webb Mountain Park
Hours of Operation:
Park closes at sunset.
Opens: Memorial Day Weekend
Closes: November 1 @ 12 Noon
Permits available from Monroe Town Hall (203) 452-2800
The Town of Monroe purchased Webb Mountain Park in 1972 from Mr. And Mrs. Alfred E. Wagner.
The park has many unique features from when the Wagner family owned the land. The Wagners built and ran a sawmill on the land for three years. They also owned a Christmas tree farm and planted several varieties of evergreens, such as Balsam, Frasier and Douglas firs, White and Blue Spruce, and Scotch and White Pine. These evergreen plots have overgrown and are now the campsites of Webb Mountain Park (camping permits are available through the Town of Monroe).
In addition to the variety of trees, many other things can be found like the foundation for the Wagner family’s old sawmill, a man-made pond and “goat rock”; the scenic overlook point.
Visitors to the park today can have a magnificent view of the Housatonic River, hike on a series of trails including the Paugussett Blue Dot Trail, and go camping.
In 2004 the town of Monroe purchased 171 acres to be added to Webb Mountain Park.
Click here for a map of Webb Mountain Park
The following regulations will be STRICTLY
1. Park closes at SUNSET
alcoholic beverages or intoxicating substances.
littering, dumping or polluting park waters.
4. Visitors must remove all items brought in.
vandalism including removal of trees, plants, wildlife, fuel wood or earth material.
hunting, fireworks or weapons (including firearms, air guns, archery equipment, paint ball, and martial arts implements).
ATV’s or motorized trail bikes.
disorderly conduct, obscene behavior or form of rough play.
9. Dogs must
be on a leash no longer than seven (7) feet.
10. Dogs must
have rabies vaccination and current license. Owners must
show proof upon request.
11. One (1) dog per campsite. Dogs must be attended at all times.
12. Owner must clean up after dog.
13. Fires in established fire pits or in camp stoves only
fire kindled or maintained within five (5) feet of any tree or shrub.
1. Camping permit fee is $10.00 per site for one (1) to five (5) people.
2. An additional $10.00
for six (6) to ten (10) people.
3. Limit of ten (10) people per site.
4. No permit is issued to anyone under 18 years of age.
5. Permittee accepts responsibility for all guests at their assigned site and any damage to site.
6. Only two (2)
vehicles per site per permit. No RVs or pop-up campers.
7. Tent camping equipment only.
8. Campsite must be occupied within twenty-four (24) hours of day assigned or it will be declared an open site. Length of stay is limited
to fourteen (14) consecutive days. At end of camp stay, site must be clean and vacated by 12:00 noon
9. All visitors must leave by sunset
10. Quiet hours
are from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
: Violation of any of the above regulations shall subject the offender to arrest by the Department of Police, Town of Monroe, under Section 98.8, Monroe Town Code.
EmergenciesDIAL 911 for ALL Emergencies
Directions to Town Hall & Police Dept.From the park
– Take Webb Circle straight to East Village Road
– Right turn onto E.V.R. and follow to Route 111
– Take left onto Route 111
– Southbound to Monroe Green.
Police Department, (203) 261-3622, is located in rear of Town Hall by the Monroe Green.