To ensure property owners of the Town of Monroe share the tax burden through the discovery, listing, and equitable valuation of all taxable property in accordance with governing state regulations and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
Though the Town Hall is currently restricted for public access, the Assessor's Office is still providing all services by phone, email, regular mail, or online accessibility. For services that cannot be taken care of remotely, in-person appointments can also be scheduled by contacting the office at 203-452-2803.
You can email any staff member with any questions or document requests that you may have at the email addresses listed below:
Justin R. Feldman, Assessor
David Lisowski, Town Appraiser
Ruth Ann Caiola, Assessor's Assistant (Exemptions & Tax Relief)
Lisa Lilly, Assessment Technician (Motor Vehicles & Personal Property)
If you call the Assessor's Office at 203-452-2803 and leave a message we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
2019 PROPERTY REVALUATION PROJECT UPDATE
- Property owners are advised that the Town of Monroe has completed a revaluation of all Real property for October 1, 2019 as required by state law. The appraisal firm, Vision Government Solutions, was contracted by the Town to complete the project.
- You can review new assessment information and the data listed on property record cards at the Vision Government Solutions website for Monroe at http://gis.vgsi.com/monroect.
- For more detailed information on the revaluation process please visit Monroe's revaluation site here.
PERSONAL PROPERTY DECLARATIONS - DUE NOV. 1
- PA-490 Forest & Farmland Applications Due October 31
- Military Veterans must have DD214 filed with Town Clerk by October 1 to be eligible for Veterans exemptions.
- All new construction must be inspected by the October 1, 2019 assessment date.
Please contact the Assessor's Office at 203-452-2803 to schedule an appointment.
Town of Monroe
7 Fan Hill Rd
Monroe, CT 06468
Office: (203) 452-2803
Fax: (203) 452-2253
Justin Feldman CCMA II
David Lisowski CCMA II
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1004
Exemptions & Tax Relief
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1003
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1005
Mon-Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 1:30pm