FY 2020-2021 Budget Process
The budget process began prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, the Governor's Executive Orders have mandated a delay in the schedule, as well as a requirement to have the Board of Finance ultimately adopt the budget, instead of our normal referendum process. We understand that this is upsetting to many residents and taxpayers, however we must abide by the orders and do recognize that we are faced with highly unusual circumstances.
Click Here for the Board of Finance Proposed Annual Budget
First Selectman's Updated Budget Discussion
Click Here for the Property Tax Calculator Page
Budget Milestones Already Completed
- February 8, 2020 - Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the First Selectman Proposed his budget to the Town Council. Historical documents:
- March 12, 2020 - Just before the beginning of significant restrictions resulting from the pandemic, the Town Council approved its budget and forwarded it to the Board of Finance:
- April 23, 2020 - The Board of Finance conducted a remote public hearing on the budget.
- May 14, 2020 - The Board of Finance conducted a second remote public hearing on the budget.
- May 19, 2020 - The Board of Finance finalized and delivered its Proposed Annual Budget.
Remaining Milestones in Budget Schedule
- Between June 2 - 5, 2020 - The Board of Finance must vote to adopt the final budget and set the mill rate at a remote public meeting.
Residents and taxpayers will have an opportunity to submit written comments prior to and/or during this remote meeting.
- Once adopted, the final budget will be posted on the Town's website and filed with the Office of the Town Clerk.
Town of Monroe Finance Department
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Phone (203) 452-2800 Ext 1061
Deputy Finance Director
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1006