The Town’s social media sites are a public record, pursuant to CGS §1-200(5). All content including but not limited to comments that are posted, even if subsequently removed from online publication, are subject to public release under the Freedom of Information Act.
Any of the Town’s social media sites articles, posts and/or comments that are found to contain inappropriate content, or links to such content, shall not be allowed and shall be either hidden (preferred) or removed as soon as possible.
Inappropriate content shall include content that:
- Is obscene, profane, or sexual.
- Constitutes and/or promotes illegal activity.
- Promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Solicits commerce, other than general support of local businesses for purposes of economic development and support of community events or activities.
- Constitutes political campaigning related to the election of public officials, any referendum question, or other campaign activities subject to CGS Chapter 155.
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Is completely unrelated to the particular topical subject matter.